- Almost half of all the sharing that happens online is done on Facebook. This in itself is testament enough that Facebook does the job of connecting people fairly well. However, there are some tips and tricks that can allow you to get more out of Facebook and this article contains a list of some of the best such Facebook tips.
- Update: Facebook Tips and Tricks Part-2 released Click Here to Read Part-2.
- 1 Email Address Hack
- 2 Phishing
- 3 Keylogging through Keyloggers
- 4 Social Engineering
- 4.1 Post a Blank Status:
- 4.2 Subscribe to the RSS feed of your Notifications:
- 4.3 Change Facebook’s Posted via text:
- 4.4 Know when friends Unfriend you:
- 4.5 Find Exactly What you are looking for on Facebook:
- 4.6 Get Facebook Notifications right on your desktop:
- 4.7 Access Facebook Chat on Your Desktop:
- 4.8 Magic Number Trick in Facebook:
- 5 How it Works??
Stop Hackers on Facebook:
- Are you worried about hackers hacking your Facebook account and posting stuff you don’t want them to? Just read theis article::
- Facebook is, undoubtedly, the most popular social networking website with more than 500 million active users. Due to its popularity, many hackers (or should I say crackers?) are actively involved in hacking Facebook accounts of unsuspecting users. This article outlines the many strategies that such hackers use to gain access to Facebook accounts of hundreds of users each day and how you can stop them from hacking your account.
Email Address Hack
- I have always been puzzled by Facebook’s leniency in this matter. All a hacker needs to do is know your email address and he will be displayed a confirmation showing your name even if he enters the wrong password. How easily a hacker can then hack your Facebook account if he ‘guesses’ your password (if you use a weak password) or answers your security question! This is something I hope Facebook improves on quickly. Until Facebook does so,here are some tricks you can use to protect yourself from this vulnerability.
- How to safeguard your Email Address??
- Just follow these steps:-
- 1. Hide your Email Address from everyone by going to Edit Profile>Contact Information>Clicking on the icon beside your email address> checking ‘Only Me’.
- 2. Change your primary email address to a one that is only known to you by going to Account Settings>Email> and changing your primary email to the new one (known only to you) and removing your previous email address.
- 3. For additional security, when in Account Settings, check ‘Secure browsing’ and ‘Send me an email when a new computer or mobile device logs into this account’ and click Save.
- Phishing is one of the easiest ways to trick users into giving out their login credentials. All a hacker does is setup a webpage similar in design to that of the Facebook homepage, attach a server sided script to track the username and password entered and store it in a log. Sending people emails stating that someone tagged a photo of them on Facebook in the same format as Facebook and giving a link below to the phishing website further reduces the chances of it being detected as a fake. Sometimes, spam Facebook apps, like those promising to tell who viewed your Facebook profile, automatically post links to phishing websites. A new trend amongst phishers is creating Facebook look-a-like widgets for stealing user’s login credentials.
- How to prevent yourself from being phished??
- At all costs, avoid clicking on suspicious links. Moreover, always check the URL in the address bar before signing in. Avoid logging in through various “Facebook widgets” offered by websites and blogs. Instead, use Facebook’s homepage to sign in. Always try to use Safe Search while searching. If you do manage to get phished, report the website so that others may get a warning before visiting it.
Keylogging through Keyloggers
- Keylogger is a type of computer virus that tracks key strokes. Keyloggers can be installed remotely on a computer system by a cracker to record all the activity that is going on the victim’s computer. Keylogging gets more easy if the hacker has physical access to the victim’s computer.
- How to stop keyloggers??
- Install a good antivirus and update it frequently. Do not click on suspicious links and avoid downloading illegal software. Also, avoid installing free toolbars and other such spam software. Always scan third-person’s flash and pen drives before using them on your computer.
- Social engineering involves using any trick to fool the user into making himself vulnerable to exploits. This could involve anything from sending spoof emails, pretending to be from Facebook, telling you to change your password to 12345678 to a hacker maliciously getting out the answer to your Security Question in a friendly chat or discussion.
- How to prevent yourself from being socially engineered??
- Stay aware during chats and discussions. Use a tough security question, preferably one whose answer you would never disclose to anyone. Moreover, Facebook, or any other company for that matter, will never ask you to change your password to 12345678 or do something as silly as asking you to send out your login details to prove that you are an active user. Always think before taking actions and your e-life on Facebook will be safe from hackers looking to hack Facebook accounts.
Post a Blank Status:
- Are you tired of constantly thinking new and interesting status updates for your Facebook friends? Then, post an empty status and show your friends that you denounce the thinking that if your status isn’t cool, you aren’t either. Just go to Facebook, hold Alt and press 0, 1, 7 and 3 respectively and click Post. This will post the null character as your status which basically is an empty space. Laptop users can do this after activating the Number Lock.
Subscribe to the RSS feed of your Notifications:
- Go to Facebook’s notifications page and click on the RSS link to find the RSS feed containing all your recent notifications. You can then subscribe to this feed in any desktop based RSS reader to instantly know when a new notification occurs.
Change Facebook’s Posted via text:
- Have you noticed that when you update your Facebook status from a mobile, Facebook adds a “Posted via Mobile” link at the bottom of it? You can change that to say hilarious things like “via Carrier Pigeon” or “via My Bedroom.” To do this, just go to PostedVia, choose a delivery option and update your status or post to a friend’s wall.
Know when friends Unfriend you:
- Facebook notifies you when someone adds you as a friend but Facebook does not notify you when someone unfriends you. If you wish to access this data, you can use Social Fixer Facebook extension which will not only allow you to do this but a lot more.
Find Exactly What you are looking for on Facebook:
- If you ever had trouble finding a friend or a specific post by one of your friend, you should definitely take a look at the Facebook page on searching. It will help you to get acquainted not only with how Facebook search works but also enable you to get the most out of it.
Get Facebook Notifications right on your desktop:
- Are you tired of constantly opening your browser to check for new notifications on Facebook? Then, Facebook Desktop is for you. It is an Adobe Air based app that neatly displays all your notifications right next to your taskbar.
Access Facebook Chat on Your Desktop:
- Have you ever wanted to chat with your Facebook friends without opening a web browser? Desktop based applications like Digsby and ChitChat can allow you to stay connected with all your friends even when you close your web browser. This is much similar to chatting with Yahoo! Messenger or Google Talk chat client.
Magic Number Trick in Facebook:
- These days magic number trick is becoming a rage on facebook.Anything related to facebook (however small it may be) is sure to create a buzz among people.These magic numbers are nothing but the unique ID numbers of the Users, Pages or Groups. When you will paste these numbers in your satus they automatically will get converted into your profile,group or page link. You can also send these to your friends and ask them to paste in your status.They will certainly get amazed.
- You can also send these to your friends and ask them to paste in your status.They will certainly get amazed.
How it Works??
- • Login to your Facebook account.
- • Go to your profile link or to your friends profile link and there look for the ID number in the facebook URL.
- • Copy the ID number and replace it in the following number @+[ID:0:]
- • Suppose 181685035214061 is the ID with which you want to replace the code. So your code will be
- • Now ask your friends to copy/paste this code in the status or in comment section and remove + sign from it, make it as @+[181685035214061:0:]
- • Then hit Enter and see the Magic.
- I Hope This Tutorial was Helpful to you, If you have any doubts regarding this tutorial then Feel free to ask in the comment section below. Enjoy..!!